Cover Letter


Steve O’Gorman


5 Marine Parade Drive, Unit 907, Toronto, ON, M8V 4B4     
Phone #: 416-556-9763   Email: steve_ogorman@hotmail.com

March, 2011

To Whom it May Concern

I am interested in applying for the position of a primary/junior teacher with the Toronto District School Board.

Having worked as an English teacher in Korea and Ontario for the past four years I believe that I have the practical experience and knowledge to be an effective teacher with the TDSB.  I possess a high level of energy and enthusiasm when working with children of all ages.   One of my best qualities is my ability to work with all types of learners.  I am a hardworking and sincere person that strives to treat people with respect. I have spent the last year furthering my education with the University of Toronto Teacher Education Program.  My first placement was in a grade 1 class at John Ross Robertson School and I am currently doing my second placement in a grade 5 class at Brock elementary school.             

Over the past year I have developed my skills in differentiated instruction, assessment, and honed my skills teaching English as a second language to elementary school students.  I consider myself very adaptable in new environments.         
I have also outlined my previous experience in the field of teaching and other leadership roles that I have had.         

My experience working with a variety of age groups at the University of Toronto sports camp, as well as my position as a don at my university residence is highlighted in my resume. These positions have prepared me for a full time job in the field of education.         
         
Please contact me to further discuss my qualifications for any positions the school board has to offer.

Yours Truly, 


Steve O’Gorman