ELL: Letter of Reference - Teaching in Korea (Differentiated Instruction)



ELL: Differentiated Instruction

Topic: Differentiated Instruction (Teaching English as a Second Language)

June 24th 2008                                                 

Foundations of Professional Practice or Ethical Standards:  This entry reflects professional development and professional practise.

Description of the learning experience

This reference letter reflects a year of teaching English as a second language in Korea.  As an English teacher I taught many different courses such as; communication, grammar, vocabulary, and Integrated skills.

What I learned from this experience:

Teaching in Korea gave me a chance to understand the wide range of needs that ELL learners have.  I was able to strengthen my teaching techniques and focus on strategies that were proven to be the most effective. 


How this learning experience will affect my classroom programming:

This learning experience has given me a chance to understand how difficult it is for students to communicate when they don’t speak the language.  It has helped develop my confidence as a teacher and has prepared me to teach in Canada. I believe that this experience has helped me to develop effective programs that incorporate differentiated instruction.